Sunday, August 17, 2014

A Stitch in Time

I don't know when it happened but it has. Sewing has become my latest obsession. Did you know I used to hate sewing. It scared me, overwhelmed me and sometimes it put me in a corner...rocking.

Not anymore. I have found some great designers who make amazing patterns and I have been loving it ever since!

Look at this! Jocole's Patterns are fabulous! I have made a few of them now and just love them! This is the Cross Over Dress (I used the Maxi Length Modification and went to town!) Most designers encourage you to make a muslin (a practice) copy (for the bodice at the very least) but I'm an all-in sort of woman so I just went for it!

I found the fabric at Fabricland...it was buy 1 get 2 free so it cost me about $12 for 3 metres and I used most of it (I did make a cutting error so I lost about 30cms there). Anyway New Dress + $12 = Very Happy Me!!!


And it's so comfortable...and let's face it. You love it too don't you? ;)


Just wait till you see what else I've been making! I've done so much sewing this spring and summer I have loads to share!!!

Enjoy!
Heather

No comments: