Now that summer is almost over and I have settled into life again (in other words I can think again with camps finishing a few weeks ago). I find myself wanting a nice selection in my freezer so here's what I did!
You are seeing some of our favourite freezer meals here...
- Chicken Taquitos! Check this out... The Happy Money Saver makes me happy!
- Chicken Soup! I bought a whole chicken, cooked it up with onions, celery and carrots and then made it up as I went!
- Chicken Fingers. Boy do I love these!!! These are from my Looney Spoons Cookbook (don't have it? Look it up!) but I found the recipe for you on My Food Infatuation
Then because that didn't seem like enough, I cooked and shredded more chicken to make Chicken Pot Pies (with ready made pie crust!) another recipe by The Happy Money Saver and I also have some beef strips marinating and ready to be turned into stir fry.
So here's the scoop!
- I put the taquitos and chicken strips on trays and froze them. Once they were frozen I transferred them to bags.
- The soup cooled and went straight into the containers to freeze.
- I double the pie plates on the chicken pot pies and then covered them with foil.
- The Beef Strips are all ready for another Looney Spoons recipe Wok This Way (I couldn't find this one on-line so you better just buy the book!) ;)
My freezer is a little fuller and I'm a little happier in the kitchen now!